Sunday, January 3, 2010

travel gnome


Now you too can play Amelie, without having to dig through the snow! This would make a great gift post trip (because you have to include him in the photos) to that special person who just doesn't get out enough.

Although it's not likely that I'm going on a trip in the near future, I couldn't help myself when I picked up my old copy of Gnomes with drawings by Rein Poortvliet. My Gnome is less grizzled, but it brought me back to my childhood when I used to try and draw pictures from the book.

This pocket has a handy zipper on the side so it can be used for loose change or reading style glasses. The print out and directions are on the same page- they should fit on to a 8.5x11" piece of paper. Remember that you will need an additional 1/2 inch or so seam allowance of fabric all around the "cut out" area.




4 comments:

  1. Argh! That is so fabulous! Your projects are so wonderful. I would love to link to this little guy if you didn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliments guys! Rachel, feel free to link to him (and thanks in advance for the plug ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you think you could make one for me? Iam not any good at it. I would really like one.

    ReplyDelete